Lady Jayne DesignerOctober 20, 2017
At Punch Studio we create beautifully designed products that bring delight to people’s everyday lives and homes. We are privately held, with headquarters in Culver City, CA. In our design and product development studios we create stationery, home and gift products that are found in leading retailers all over the world. It’s truly “all about the art”, with our more than 50 in house artists.
Lady Jayne, a subsidiary of Punch Studio, is a pretty, stylish and fun brand that produces beautifully designed items including greeting cards, journals, decorative storage boxes, gift bags, wall decor, bath & body products and so much more!
ABOUT THE POSITION
As part of the Lady Jayne design team, the Designer will work independently to conceptualize fresh patterns and illustrations, with a good balance of creativity, initiative, and organizational skills, and will take specific direction when necessary.
Freelance and/or remote candidates will not be accepted.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage design projects of varying complexities (i.e. art production style work, designing original compositions, etc.)
- Conceptualize and design both digitally and by hand original artwork for use on physical products.
- Assist Art Directors and Lead Designers with the completion of design presentations for buyer/sales meetings.
- Create well-themed trend boards to drive team inspiration and creativity.
- Maintain a high-level of aesthetic judgement, effectively translating trends into products.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and market activity
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Illustration or a related field.
- 3 years of technical experience in graphic design, preferably for gift products, stationery, wall dcor, decorative storage boxes, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
All candidates must submit a digital portfolio or attach work samples with their resume.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS.
- Skilled with home dcor embellishment techniques (i.e., Gold-leafing, spot color paints, foiling, etc.).
- Skilled in typography, digital painting, composition, color and theme.
- Ability to be flexible in your artistic style.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines in an extremely fast paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and management.
- Ability to take creative feedback from team leaders and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skilled at patience and listening.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Benefits plan including medical, dental and vision
- Retirement and profit sharing
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio, and salary requirements with a brief cover letter to [email protected]